Thermoelectric TEG Power Modules Under 200°C
TEG2 series modules are CUSTOM designed for liquid to liquid thermoelectric power generation and energy harvesting applications. TEG2 modules are designed for temperatures on the hot side below 200°C. TEG2 custom series modules are designed for maximum heat flow (TEG2-07025HT-SS) when using liquid to liquid designs because liquid can carry and take away extreme amounts of thermal energy compared to teg air designed systems.
Just the opposite is true for our TEG2-126LDT module (Bottom of page) it is designed for the opposite effect. Harvesting body heat requires slow moving heat to maintain an expanded DT. A thick element TEG module accomplishes just that with no seal so, there is no thermal bridge path. The DT is maintained guaranteeing effect power production with minimal temperature difference.
For higher temperature go to TEG1 Series modules they are designed for up to 320°C
Our highest TEG CMO modules work up to an amazing 800°C with no or little degradation over 40 years!
- SnSb 240°C based solder hot and cold side.
- Ceramic slit for multi thermal cycling applications both hot side and cold side ceramic.
- Lapped for multiple modules on the same surface.
- Teflon insulated on the lead wires able to insulate up to 250°C
- Lead wire contacts are attached to cold side for extra protection
- Available with and without Graphite covers
Click here to download performance specs for TEG2-07025HT-SS.
TEG2-126LDT for Body & Sensor Power Thermoelectric Harvesting Applications!
The TEG2-126LDT is a Low Delta Temperature designed module. Ideally designed for body and micro harvesting applications. Micro Scavenging heat to power “internet of things” is difficult at best. All of these scavenging devices require autonomous power to be effective and long lasting without scheduled service appointments to replace batteries.
Most require maybe 1V at 20ma or more, some less? The main consideration is How to design a TEG module to provide the most possible power given so little the available DT provided in the application.
The TEG2-126LDT thermoelectric power module is a cost effective design that provides effective energy harvesting from minimal heat differentials. (Even high heat with low DT’s has the exact same principles).
Specially designed TEG2-126LDT.
TEG2-126LDT, 40mmx40mmx 5.45mm overall thickness here are some plotted outputs!
- 40 x 40mm x 5.45mm thick
- No perimeter seal to protect against thermal bridging!
- High temperature construction up to 180°C (356°F) hot and cold side!
- Graphite pads on hot and cold side!
- Teflon leads for high temperature protection!
- Ceramic wafers that are 10 thousands thinner for reduced thermal resistance!
Th=40, Tc=30C, Voltage at match load 0.2V, Amps at match load: 0.045A, Match load 4.5Ω
Th=60, Tc=30C, Voltage at match load 0.6V, Amps at match load: 0.11A, Match load 5.2Ω
Th=80, Tc=30C, Voltage at match load 1.1V, Amps at match load: 0.18A, Match load 6Ω